It has brought up a lot of different triggering situations that have tested my resistance against ED. I'm happy to say, that despite being forced into high-anxiety situations, I've been able to withstand using behaviors.
Which brings me to the positives and negatives that have occurred recently:
I'll begin with the negatives as to end on a positive note.
- The first, and possibly most disturbing situation that has happened, was a fight with my best friend. He turned on my rather suddenly, in what I perceived as a betrayal of trust. I was broken by words that were truly quite malicious, and felt at a loss as what to do to remedy the situation. Not only did this bring about a sense of being powerless, it also made me paranoid that I was wrong in feeling hurt by his words. In the end, the situation has been forgotten, but not without a renewed awareness that not everyone deserves my trust.
- This one is a combined positive and negative: my medication for anxiety and depression has been switched as I had lost faith in it's effectiveness in treating me. I am now on a new drug, I'm, not sure if I'm assigning side affects that don't actually exist to the meds, but I am convinced that I've been more edgy and lethargic since I've been taking them. I haven't given up hope that they won't help though!
- Lastly, I had experienced debilitating abdominal pain, which forced me to double up for hours. My doctor determined it was heart burn and prescribed Zantac and I've been fine ever since. Weird, right?
- I met a really amazing guy, who is a perfect gentlemen to me, and he makes me really happy. So that is definitely something that has been putting a smile on my face lately.
- I had the opportunity to attend a seminar to empower young women at Kean University and gained so much for the experience. I'd love to summarize the whole event in a late post, because it really deserves it's own focus. I think anyone reading could gain something from hearing about it(:
- I ran a seven minute mile the other day! I know that it isn't that fast for seasoned runners, but for a beginner such as myself, I was really proud of that accomplishment.
- I've been taking risks- in fashion, in food, with friends, and life in general! I'm testing my boundaries and loving it.
|Whole Wheat oatmeal cookies w/ Three Berry Blend, so good.|
|THE fear food, Mom's homemade Mac and Cheese.|
Ate every bite and proud of it.
|I've been trying to bring chips to lunch lately, one day I brought these|
spicy Thai to go with my roasted pepper and tomato soup, delicious.
|Meal I cooked by myself! A big deal for me because I'm a horrible cook.|
Salad, steamed carrots and tempah with Kashi pilaf
|Peanut butter and banana sandwich with Cinnamon on raisin swirl bread.|
|Final risk, picture au natural!|
No make-up and natural hair. VERY scary to post but worth it.
That's all for tonight, my loves, but I will be posting shortly to go into more detail of the challenges I've been facing. Until then, stay strong<3
What is a recent positive or negative of your life?
Do you find it scary to go all natural?