Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's been a while..

Well, it sure has been a while since I've last posted. I'm trying to not stress about it though, life happens and I know that when I return to blogging regularly the amazing people I've met in this community will welcome me back. Thank you again!

So, what has happened over this past week?



Photoshoot in my Free People Dress


blowing out the candles(:















The highlight was probably my birthday party. It was alot of fun. Very sweet, very relaxed, and just nice. It felt surreal to look around at my friends and think that when I was further into my ED I would have never had the opportunity to be present with all of them. But because of the work I've done, I was able to enjoy myself despite insecurities. I felt BEAUTIFUL and HEALTHY. These are huge steps for me. It was impossible for me to even think of one thing I liked about myself months ago. Now, although I am still extremely harsh on myself and hesitant to feel positive about the way I am, it is getting easier to acknowledge my strengths, not just my faults.

And as for the tease I left ya'll with last week, the mysterious use of the carrots was.....
Carrot Cupcakes!
Carrot cake is my favorite by far, and I love cream cheese icing, so it was a treat to make it. I used Martha Stewart's recipe from her website.

Some other sweets from my party included:


Dean & Deluca pink sugar sprinkles my mom got for me. 

 Chocolate-chip cookies baked by moi.

A glimpse of my house, decorated.

Presents from my friends.

 
Anthropolgie mug from my best friend, H.

Also in the past week, my mom and I made a trip to Wegmans, which is always far too much fun. Some goodies included:

Many different bars, new Bear Naked trail mix.

Tofu, Whole Wheat wraps, Amy's Tofu Lasagna, and Apple Butter


Coconut water, yogurt, Herbal water, So Yummi pudding
That's all for tonight, but I will be updating in the future about my continuing efforts to balance my eating and my therapy goals (including a daily thought journal!).

Goodnight lovelies(:

What was the highlight of your week?

4 comments:

Missy said...

That's a freakin celebration you will remember always.

Ash said...

Your dress is adorable and I'm super glad that you were able to enjoy your birthday party!

I love Bear Naked granola, so I'll definitely be on the lookout for the trail mix! And I love those Mojo bars too.

The highlight of my week was going home for the weekend since it was my dad's birthday! I always have the best time when I spend the weekend at home. It was busy but relaxing and just fun.

Have a great rest of your week :)

BecomingBryana said...

Hey Emma. Wow, you look so pretty in those pictures. All of the baked goodies look so delicious, and the mug is beautiful. Girl, the way you wrote this post, you sound like you had the time of your life. I am really happy for you!!! You are so strong and amazing. You deserve to be proud!

timeforhappiness said...

that looks like soooo muchhh fun!!! P.S Mojo bars and that trail mix granola you have are both amaaazingg I love them both!! I am so excited you got to enjoyyy yourself, you look like you had a blast :)