Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Be my friend, hold me, wrap me up, unfold me."

Hey girls,. I just want to apologize for the lack of a proper post.
The past few days have been pretty rough for me and I just feel stuck.
The ED and perfectionist within keep putting me down and I just want to tell them to shut up and let me enjoy life.
I'm  also afraid of becoming too critical of others.
My fear and anxiety have me constantly second guessing everything.
I want this to change.
I need to learn how to become my own best friend.

Any ideas how I can get out of this negative rut?

I promise to post something good soon, hopefully a bit more positive.

4 comments:

Ash said...

Hey Emma, sorry you're feeling down :( I know you can pull through this and fight back against ED though! Stay strong :)

Oh and don't worry about not posting, I haven't done a real post since Saturday because I've just been crazy-busy! I can't wait to hear from you when you're ready to post again!

anewdayy said...

Hey Emma,
I can soooo relate to the perfectionism and the anxiety. I get also what you mean about not trusting yourself. I have a really hard time myself trusting my own decisions. I always need affirmation that what I'm choosing is okay from someone else. It's so frustrating and so hard to overcome!
Just keep going down the path of recovery that you're taking now. Eventually with physical healing the healing within will become more apparent too. You're doing the right thing by pushing forward!

xxx
Sarah

happinessiswithinblog.com said...

I love that song... Did you ever see 6 Feet Under? It was an AMAZINGGG HBO series. Anyway, on the last episode ever they played that song during the ending. It was great, i cried like a little baby haha

Dana xoxo

the Waldbillig said...

If I could give you a hug, I would.

Here's an idea about getting out of this negative rut.
Write down all the things you like about yourself. Take time and contemplate. Go for a walk even, I know here in Salt Lake the weather is warming up and the Sunshine is delightful! Keep the list on hand and every time a negative thought pops in think about your list, pull it out, read it and smile. Did you know smiling automatically makes you feel better? It's chemical and it's natural and it's AMAZING! like YOU!!! :D