Saturday, February 12, 2011

What I'm Loving

What I'm loving this week:
  1. Trader Joe's Green Tea mints
  2. Covergirl Outlast lip stain
  3. Organix Brazilian Keratin Treatment shampoo and conditioner
  4. Trader Joe's vanilla almond milk
  5. Gap knit socks
  6. OUCH band-aids from Old Navy
  7. Jersey Devil's spicy raspberry dark chocolate
  8. Bryanna, Ayla and Ash's comments, it means so much guys!
  9. Justin's Chocolate Peanut Butter
  10. the fact that it has only snowed twice this past week :P
Tomorrow I'm going to working a retreat all day. At the retreat I am giving a talk to about forty people about my struggle with my eating disorder. I'm actually more excited for this then scared. I hope that those listening can gain something by hearing about my journey. I've decided to pack my own food for the retreat instead of trying to eat what everyone else is being served. I know that I could challenge this fear, but honestly I'd rather be able to be comfortable and focus on the work that I'm doing with the younger kids than worrying about the foods I've eaten.

Today I went to work again, and it actually was pretty enjoyable. Besides the fact that my lips and hands were a lovely shade of purple by the end of the lessons that is.

I was able to more successfully space out my exchanges today! I doubled my amount of cereal so that I would be full until I came home from work.

For lunch I had a bowl of oat with Bear Naked granola, a chopped apple, honey, and almond butter. I also snacked on a pear before heading to a CYO meeting.

When I got home I had a mix of frozen berries, Kashi Strawberry Fields cereal, and Greek yogurt.


Dinner was a challenge tonight, I had my ultimate fear food, pizza. I ate half of a Kashi roasted vegetable pizza, and it was pretty good. My pace during the meal was faster than I would have liked, so I wasn't really able to enjoy it. But overall I was happy that I was able to face a fear!

To finish off the night, I had a Kashi oatmeal raisin cookie dunked in vanilla almond milk.

If you haven't noticed, I have a thing for Kashi.

The extent of my obsession becomes apparent when my dad and I go grocery shopping and we leave with a cart of three different Kashi cereals, two huge 8 oz. containers of Chobani Greek yogurt, five Odwalla bars, and two bunches of bananas.

Oh, not two mention two different nut butters and 3 different types of jelly.

Yes, we are a family that consumes far more then the average. This may be the reason why we spend more on groceries than we have on the past five years of vacations...

Oh well, food trumps Disneyland in my book(: 

5 comments:

BecomingBryana said...

Hey Em. Trader Joe's is awesome; I went last week! I got chocolate croissants, which were ED's worse nightmare, but I ate one anyway! Justin's products, snow, and kashi are all things I love as well.

Good for you for eating that pizza. The thought of pizza makes me uncomfortable, so I seriously understand how amazing it is that you ate it. Congrats girl!

Ash said...

I love Kashi too! The oatmeal raisin cookies are really good, and their cereals are the best. I know I couldn't live without Kashi ;)
Thanks for the shout-out in your list of things you love. I always like reading your posts!
I'm glad to hear you like your work. I need to get a job soon, and I hope I end up doing something I love.

Haley said...

I just found your blog, but I am already enthrilled by it! :)
I am the BIGGEST nut butter fan. Lovelovelove pb & almond butter. Yum. I have yet to try Justin's Chocolate pb, but I've had the original and it's yummy :)
I usually eat Dark Chocolate Dreams by Pb&co. So good!
Also, I love Kashi :)
It's great that you had that talk with the kids about your recovery from ED. That must have taken a lot of courage! And that's so great that you were given that opportunity to inspire others and maybe influence their lives for the better.
ED sucks, but we come out on the other side stronger than ever before.
Keep writing, and I'll keep reading :)
<3 Haley

Ayla said...

I'm so proud of you for facing one of your fear foods! I still have to face pizza but I did manage to go out to a restaurant yesterday and eat fish. And a dessert that was high in calories (I think..maybe I imagined it to be). Facing fear foods is ridiculously anxiety producing but I'm glad to say that I survived and so did you! We rock. :)

Good luck with the retreat!!

Anonymous said...

wanna make me that pizza? kay thanks.

p.s.
im obnoxious but you love me sooo its all good :)