Friday, February 18, 2011

Welcome back.

 I'm at the point that everyone has been telling me about since I've begun recovery.
The point where you are the mouth of the tunnel, can step out and see the sun.
And all I can think is "I'm home, I'm back."

Its been a very long road and my journey isn't finished. But all the sweat and tears that I've been pouring into my fight with my eating disorder has been paying off.
At my graduation ceremony last night I received the "Strength" award and each girl who I have been in program with said the sweetest and most touching things about the strength they've perceived in my, the fact that they admire my ability to articulate my feelings, and that they felt privileged to have known me. I can't explain how much it meant to me to hear that.
I feel empowered by the fact that my work in recovery has inspired others and I am even more motivated to continue to challenge myself.

I also received student of the month at my school, which felt really good.

Things are coming together. I am so grateful for all the support I've received through battling my eating disorder. I am so blessed in the fact that I am alive, at a healthy weight, typing these words.
It is truly spectacular to be able to wake up every morning with so many opportunities.

I didn't take any pictures of what I ate today, honestly because I was too lazy, but here are yesterday's eats.

For lunch I had some delicious leftover whole wheat with sprouted wheat grass Bella Terra penne with peppers and olive oil over arugula.
(I finished the rest of the pasta for lunch today)
I also packed Greek yogurt with pumpkin butter, honey, and a sprinkle of granola and Trader Joe's Golden Berry Blend. Soo good.

After program I had a bowl of oats with more honey, berry blend, and granola.

I was eating rather sporadically today because my eating schedule tends to get thrown off when I don't have school.
I ended up snacking on alot of chocolate. Although this isn't a bad thing, my body felt a bit off from all the richness combined with the different eating times.
Hopefully tomorrow I can achieve more balance so that my body has time to absorb the benefits of what I'm eating.

Anyways I just want to send out another huge thank you to all of those who have taken the time to comment! It really means so so much.
I hope all of you enjoy your weekend.
Take it as an opportunity to relax!

6 comments:

Haley said...

I'm sure your awards were more than well-deserved :)
You sound like you're in such a healthy place. This is so great!
Intuitive eating is great! I've been able to do it on and off for a little while, but sometimes I find myself being restrictive after a while.
Anyway, your oats & yogurt look delicious! How'd ya make the pasta? :)
Thinking of you..
<3 Haley

Ash said...

I know I've already said it, but congrats! It sounds like you really deserve the recognition you got and I hope you let it inspire you to keep pushing!

I'm always so jealous of your food, it looks super-yummy!

squigglefloey said...

Hi girl :) Just stumbled on your blog through Melissa's. Wanted to congratulate you on all the progress you've been making. You have such a wonderful and hopeful road ahead of you -- keep up the amazing recovery :)

BecomingBryana said...

Again, a huge congrats on both the school award and obviously the IOP graduation. I can imagine how many struggles you went through; it's a really big achievement that you deserve to be proud of!!! I'm happy to hear that you have this motivation to keep challenging yourself. You are so strong, and I KNOW you can beat this.

Your food always looks so stinkin' good by the way. It's always to appetizing and pretty!

the Waldbillig said...

Way to go! I've noticed just from reading your blog that you're very good at articulating how you feel in a very artful way. It sure is inspirational as a reader! I think we'd all give you that same award. What delicious looking pasta! Yum :D

Ayla said...

I haven't been commenting as much as I would like, but I've definitely been reading. :) You definitely deserved the Strength award. It shines through in the way you write.

You have such a bright future ahead of you Emma and it makes me happy to hear that you're doing well!