Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is why we spend so much on groceries.


Bear Naked Fit granola, Balducci's Orchard mix granola (my favorite which is being discontinued!) Dr. Praugers Cali veggie burgers, Greek yogurts

Yes. All that food is for me. No, I do not consume it all at once, most of it gets thrown in the freezer. But when I'm at Kings I can't help but get a little crazy and buy whatever catches my fancy. 


 Here's a breakdown of my purchases.


Kashi pizza, Kashi pasta primaverra, Blake's veggie mac and cheese

Red Mill farms unsweetened shredded coconut, Larabars, Think Thin bars, Bear Naked Granola bar, Soy on the Go cappuccino, Cashewtopia raw vanilla bean gelato

Tate's oatmeal cookies, oats, more greek yogurt(;

If we are what we eat, I am on my way to becoming a tub of Greek yogurt...or a banana. My consumption Kashi products is also a bit excessive.
That stuff is my crack(;

Today I was really really busy. My morning was spent starting an essay for school, eating my standard breakfast, then going to work.

As soon as I got home I rushed to take a shower, and scarfed down a lite Flatout wrap with edamame and avocado inside with a good dose of hot sauce. I also had a gala apple and a cup of chai tea on my way out the door to go canning outside of Kings for my American Cancer Society Relay for Life team.

After standing in the freezing cold an hour and a half I made around 35 dollars, not bad! I rewarded myself by going inside and adding many things to the shopping cart to the dismay of my mom.

When I got home I snacked on Greek yogurt mixed with pumpkin butter, topped with Orchard Mix granola and honey.

Then for dinner I had Kashi pasta primaverra and vegetables. The pasta was so freaking good. I had never had it before but it was delicious!

I went to my friend's house tonight and was able to have alot of fun! Usually I am very isolated within my own thoughts and so uncomfortable in my own skin that I can't enjoy myself. But it was really nice to just relax and act my age.

Finally I came home and tried Cashewtopia's raw vanilla bean gelato over strawberries with dark chocolate. It was AMAZING. Really sweet but in a good way. It is also organic and all natural with only a few ingredients. I would definitely recommend it.

In my effort to balance my eating today, I ended up restricting a bit and I am still short of what I need to have for today. But the hard part is that I like the amount that I ate and it felt more natural then trying to cram in all my exchanges. It is something that I need to bring up with my nutritionist because I know I've dropped a little in weight and I don't want that to continue. In the meantime, I'm going to try to bulk up my meals with all the goodies I bought.,

But for now, its way past my bedtime and I have to get to sleep, lest I pass out on my keyboard.

5 comments:

Haley said...

"I am still short of what I need to have for today. But the hard part is that I like the amount that I ate and it felt more natural then trying to cram in all my exchanges. It is something that I need to bring up with my nutritionist because I know I've dropped a little in weight and I don't want that to continue."
Story of my life!
It seems that whenever I eat intuitively I'm always low on calories.. probably because I focus on eating too healthy :/

Anyway, the Cashewtopia sounds yum! Also I am obsessed with greek yogurt. And Kashi. So I feel ya on the pockets being emptied after the grocery shopping thing :P ha

I hope that you soon find a way to balance eating what you want and maintaining a healthy weight! Hopefully I do, too. :)

<3 Haley

the Waldbillig said...

I wish I lived at your house! Those groceries look delicious!

Trying To Heal said...

as hard as it is to just go with it i'm betting you need those exchanges to keep that weight up! most important for sure!

so jealous of the greek yogurt...no more for me as it hurts my belly!!

Ash said...

My favorite grocery store is Whole Foods so I hear ya on the expensive food thing. I'm really into organic stuff so that's definitely a part of it, and Kashi is like my favorite brand ever. Their entrees are so yummy :)
I have the same problem with eating, too. I have to plan out my meals the day before and add up the calories to make sure it's enough. I wish I could do the whole "eating intuitively" thing but I'm just not there yet, either.

BecomingBryana said...

Wow. Every single item you bought looks amazing!

In terms of the weight loss, I totally hear ya' on getting full while you're trying to eat everything. The problem then becomes exactly what happened to you: weight loss. Until you are 100% weight restored and have been maintaing for a while, you absolutely CANNOT rely on what you body's telling you. Your body's hunger cues are enough to maintain, but you must eat to gain. Because of that, whether you are hungry, full, or in between, girl, you've gotta eat. It's a great idea to talk to your nutritionist, but the fact that you've lost weight is just proof that for right now, following the meal plan is more important than intuitive eating.

Sorry for rambling...Have a good night!