Saturday, February 5, 2011

"I know that it is freezing but I think we have to walk."

The way I spent my Saturday:

  • Getting far to excited about new Kashi cereal 
  • Then becomes disappointed that said cereal is not quite as a amazing as expected
  • Reading blogs until going to yoga
  • Realizes that family flew the coop so is forced to walk in the rain
  • Walks home from yoga
  • Takes shower that is far too long in an attempt to bring feeling back to my limbs
  • Eats foodEats more food
  • Decides it would be best stop eating
  • But continues eating
  • Takes a break from eating to go to Target with the intention of buying a cute outfit
  • Returns home from Target with underwear, bras, and three different types of granola...
  • Attacks piles of junk Cleans out closet
  • Loses motivation to clean up the stacks of clothing monopolizing the floor
Overall a rather successful day(:
Did I actually eat THAT much? No, not really, but it feels like I ate the globe... that is, if the globe came in the form of a couple handfuls of dried fruit and grapes... yes, I know, distorted thinking. Its good that I can recognize it though. Baby steps.

Last night I decided that I wanted to have something a little different for breakfast so my mom and I made Jenna's breakfast porridge. Instead of apricots, we used dried cherries, and substituted oat bran and pearl barley for some wild rice and wheat germ. It. Is. DELICIOUS. Really really yummy(:
Lunch was made amazing with the porridge drizzled with maple syrup, a couple raw almonds, and sour cherry preserves, along with a piece of multi grain toast and raw almond butter.

And so, my exciting Saturday ends with a bit of gambling. Illegal? Nah. Betting on millions? Not exactly. More like my intense desire for macaroons has led me to enter in Julie's Conscious Nosh macaroon giveaway. Needless to say I couldn't resist(;

1 comment:

BecomingBryana said...

Hey Emma! I just found your blog, and I think it's really cute. I'm 15 too, but I'll be 16 on February 26. I love Kashi cereal - my favorite is Go Lean. I'm sorry what you got wasn't what you expected.

Good for you that you kept eating. I know the feeling (don't we all?)so I know how hard it is to barrel through and shut ED up.

Your lunch looks delish by the way. Almond butter and jam is amazing!