Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ho hum.

Today was one of those wonderfully average days. The fact that I can fully enjoy and experience an average day still amazes me. Sometimes I am reminded of how I lived in the midnight of my ED and it saddens me that I was reduced to a shell of a person. I think that in a future post I will go further into my past experiences but for today I'm taking it easy.

Because I don't have program on Thursday nights anymore today's afternoon was completely free! I entered into the second half of the day with grand ambitions to tackle some long awaited projects, bake something delicious, go to yoga, and simultaneously study for my biology test tomorrow. Alas, how my visions of grandeur failed, which is perfectly okay.

I walked to the library, paid five dollars in overdue book fees, came home, took a look at my sick mom (I gave her my cold) and decided that I wouldn't make her drive me to yoga, so I got into some sweats and studied. Oh and petted my cats.
Exciting? No. Productive? No. Enjoyable? Yes(:

So as for today's eats:

For breakfast I had a sliced banana, Kashi island vanilla shredded wheat, the last of my Kashi GoLean crunch (AH!) and a tablespoon of coconut over Greek yogurt and honey.




For lunch I packed a simple arugula salad with Sabra hummus and chopped carrots and celery. I also added an Apple Pie Larabar and a Granny Smith apple.

Afternoon snack was boring, but we are seriously low on supplies here in my house so I have an excuse. We're even running out of Greek yogurt. That's when you know it's serious.

Just a mix of Greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, and Kashi GoLean Crisp.

Dinner was really good thanks to mia madre's culinary skills (she went to the hotel school at Cornell so she knows a thing or two about food). I had spinach and mushroom terraki stir-fry, lentil soup, and a couscous and red quinoa mix.

And finally, tonight's snack was oats cooked in almond milk, mixed with three nut butter blend. honey, and a good dose of trail mix on top.

Today I accomplished my goal of wearing a nice outfit. I wore a skirt and tights for the first time in so long. I have been too self conscious to do so but I felt really pretty in it. I had forgotten how much I love fashion and clothes. My eating disorder took that passion for style away from me, but I am gaining it back.

I have alot of plans for future posts and changes coming to the blog, its just a matter of getting around to it.
Tomorrow I can guarantee a brief tutorial of how to make overnight oats if some of you haven't already tried it, and some overview of my preparations for a weekend in NYC.


What do you do on lazy days?
Has body image prevented you from feeling confident in outfits?

2 comments:

Ash said...

I am so glad you are rediscovering your love of fashion! I am so lucky that my ED never took that away from
me. And what a coincidence, I wore a skirt with tights today, too :)

Sometimes I like lazy days, especially if I've been really busy lately. I really love to do yoga and I get a lot more time to enjoy it on slower days.

Have fun in NYC, girl :)

Haley said...

Yay for you looking & feeling gorgeous in your skirt and tights! :)
I hate that ED makes us feel inadequate in our own skin, our own bodies which we're supposed to fuel and nourish!

Anyway, your day of food sounds yum :) I really wanna try this 'three nut butter blend' that you keep mentioning! It's at Target you say? I'm going home next weekend, and hopefully I'll get some then! We don't have one here at college, how sad.. ha

Well have a great weekend in the city! Smile and enjoy your weekend withouuuut ED :)
<3 Haley