Monday, February 7, 2011

Celebration.

Its celebration time!

It was my beautiful neighbor's very first birthday. I wish I could include a picture of her and her family but there are creepers  roaming the Internet so I will refrain from doing so. But just to give you an idea, imagine 4 little snow princess angels, possessing every talent imaginable. They are too adorable.

I didn't have the time or ingredients to make cupcakes from scratch so I used a box of
questionable looking Duncan Hines yellow cake mix and Cherrybrook Farms vanilla frosting mix. Although I would usually insist on making everything by myself, I figured that its the thought that counts. And sometimes alittle artificial sweetness just adds to the occasion. I also made some chocolate chip cookies from the dough that I had made earlier last week and froze.

The party was as sweet as the cupcakes, and watching a one year old throw frosting around like there's no tomorrow is pretty enjoyable.

Lately my mood has been up and down, and my motivation has been along for the ride. I feel like I'm on a rollar coaster, which is frustrating after being stable for a while. I think alot of it may have to do with the new medication I've been perscribed, not to place the blame on something else, but I do think it is a factor. I have no appetite and I'm either very anxious or drained and lethargic. Its tough, but I'm really proud that I've been able to push through. Although my urges to restrict have been really intense, I've been able to suck it up and keep going.

For breakfast I had Dorset cereal museli soaked in Trader Joe's Vanilla Almond Milk (love!) with a banana. My mom bought so many bananas that my dad said we should buy stock in a plantation. Its pretty ridiculous but I garentee they will all be eaten within the next two weeks.

I packed a lunch of an arugala salad with feta cheese, hummus, and tomatoes with a piece of chai cake.

My snack when I got home I had Archer Farms all natural blueberry granola with flax, first time having it and it tasted like a blueberry muffin!, mixed in greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and honey.

Then for dinner, which I was so happy that I was able to eat, I had a Dr. Praeger's california veggie burger, my favorite brand of burger I've tried yet, on a pita with a piece of Applegate Farms yogurt cheese. On the side I had mushrooms, salad, and zucchini.

On the theme of celebration, I want to say that I am so greatful and happy that I've had a couple of veiws and comments, even follower! Everytime I see that someone has seen my blog it brings a huge smile to my face. So a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to check it out!
I'd also like to send out a special thank you to Bryana for being the very first person to comment, I really appreciate all your support girl! Also a thank you to my first two followers Ana and Ash!

You guys are great, remember to keep celebrating the little things(:

1 comment:

BecomingBryana said...

Hey Em. You really remind me so much of myself. It makes me happy to see how strong you are and that you keep barreling through ED's crap.

The urge to restrict can be so powerful at times; I know with me, I can get so tempted to run right back into ED's waiting arms. The fact that you eat despite those urges is something else you should add to your celebration list.

Oh, and I can only imagine how yummy that chai cake was!!!