Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day Two

Good morning! Do y'all have your coffee and The New York Times Styles section out?
In not, go back to bed, you aren't ready for the day.

I began this Sunday with my usual breakfast fare of Kashi GoLean cereal, with milk, coffee, and the all important banana. No breakfast is ever complete without fruit, and don't even think about skipping it! The most important meal of the day, my personal favorite, and all(;

I am also reading Julie & Julia, feeling it would be appropriate considering that she is one of the most well known bloggers out there. My parents can't stand her. I think that its because she bashes Republicans too much.

And for an early lunch, because I am not one to prolong the suffering of a hungry stomach, delicious Trader Joe's Chili and Cumin Chickpeas, carrots, Granny Smith apple, and Red Ruby Chai tea.

For an afternoon snack, a combination of my favorite granola, Balducci's Orchard Mix, Total 0% Greek Yogurt, honey, and coconut.

recipe a la the Barefoot Contessa, found on The Unemployed Cook's blog

I'm trying to decide what new recipes to try out, I'd like to make something I'll truly enjoy, but that means fear foods.
Hm, more to come on my quest, in the meantime, I'll have a couple sneaky spoonfuls of leftover cream cheese frosting from my mom's birthday coconut cupcakes, made by moi(:

No comments: